August 21st, 2020
Screen v3.0 leverages completely new video backend infrastructure that we’ve built, and is a significant improvement in both quality and performance over previous versions.
Here’s what you can expect:
- No more “X can’t hear Y” issues
- No more Bluetooth / audio device selection issues
- No more spinning black video frames in group meetings
- No more camera light randomly turning on
- Screen sharing with higher quality & frame rate in both 1:1 and group meetings
- Faster meeting connection time
- Lower CPU usage (default)
- Unlock full (unthrottled) performance by switching off "Reduce power on user inactivity"
- All around performance, reliability & quality improvements
Let us know if you encounter any issues. If you’re unable to use the new infrastructure for any reason, you can always switch back to the old infrastructure via Settings > Connection Provider, and switch